Friday, 19 August 2011

What I Feel

I'm Chelsea. I'm 13-years old. I am the life of the party when I'm not doing homework, or being a student, or being a sister. I am myself. I trust no one until they prove themselves worthy of my trust. Everybody is an enemy until I see good intentions, then, they're my ally. I live my life in the fast lane and never slow down. I do not believe in miracles, but I believe in wishes coming true. I do not believe in destiny, but I believe I am special. I know everyone has a philosophy on life. Mine is that everyone has a purpose and through that journey to greatness, their purpose will be revealed. My family is important. They have been through war and back. And yet, we still wake up at 6am, bake a cake, and decorate it to celebrate a family birthday. I am a teenager, but I have the mind of an adult. I take everything and nothing from no one.  A "Hey, hello, how are you?" or a blank stare in a mall, I don't mind. I won't answer a stare, but I will greet you back. I whisper, but my whisper is strong. When I speak, I might be frank. My whisper has courage through the words I say.

Though my whisper has courage, I find my inner courage by writing. This is why I am writing a blog. It is not only to make me stronger, but to make my story be known.Everyone in my school knows my story. Now, it's time, for the rest of the world to hear it. Like I said, my name is Chelsea. I'm a 13-year old girl. I am the life of the party.

Now you understand why I am doing this. Please leave a comment and share who you are and why you are reading this. If you have a blog, send me the link.


This is me, my brother Zach, and my little sister Francesca in our garden the day of my first communion. 

This is my dad, me and my little sister outside the airport. 

This is me and my family the Christmas after my stroke. 



5 comments:

  1. Chelsea,
    I am not sure if you remember me, but I certainly remember you. I remember playing on the intermediate playground before your stroke, and how upbeat you were even if you couldnt play every game with us. You are such an inspirational person and I am so glad that I got to know you even if it was only for a few afternoons. Thank you for providing a role model to anyone in anything close to your situation, and for handling your issues with such elengance and poise.
    I hope everything turns out for the best, and have a great year!
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ROCK Chelsea girl. I can't wait to see your words and imagination at work. It's going to be a great year missy, a great year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Chelsea,
    I am Anita and I have known and loved "Miss Crystal" for her whole life and now I get to know and love you through your blog. Her mother shared your story with me and I am looking forward to writing on your blog. It may not be every day, probably will be several times a month, due to my work schedule and other things going on in my life. You are amazing and I can't wait to read how you are doing and what is going on with you. I am a firm believer that God puts people in our lives for a reason and I am so excited to see what he has in store for you and me as we get to know each other better. Crystal can tell you alot about me too:) Looking forward to our future talks via the blog, Anita Ocker

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chelsea:

    I am a writer, and a creative writing teacher in Connecticut. Janet Taub is a friend of mine; she told me about your blog. You sound so wise and mature for a 13 year old, and it appears that you have a beautiful writing voice.

    Do you take writing classes? Where do you go to school?

    I've been writing since I could write, and it has saved my life over and over and over...Writing heals; it changes a person. Writing is a release; it is a shared gift. It is a way to grieve, share joy, influence others and bring ourselves (the writer) a sense of peace. It sounds to me that you have this gift to share with others.

    What do you write? Do you read memoir? If you do, I have some books to recommend; I also know many great writing books if you are interested.

    My best to you.
    Denise Trach

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Chelsea,

    I found your blog through your aunt Janet. Our daughters are in the same class this year.

    Your writing is very powerful and really moved me. If everyone shared your attitude and outlook, there would be no limits to what anyone could achieve.

    You are an amazing young person! I wish the best.

    Roxane Lee
    leepianostudio.com

    ReplyDelete