Monday, 16 April 2012

Exhibition




May 10, 2012, is when I am having my very first art exhibition at The Red Dot Gallery (not to be confused with the Red Dot Museum) here in Singapore. I am selling all of my art to donate funds to the Make A Wish Foundation. I want to make wishes come true for other kids to pay it forward for my luck of having my wish come true.

I am very very very nervous. I'm nervous because during the exhibition I am going to paint. So, it is not only seeing my art, it is also seeing the process. And, everyone who has seen me paint says that it is much more inspiring to see my process than to see just the pieces.  I am nervous about how people are going to react. I'm excited about having the exhibition in such a beautiful big space. It is like ... huge! (My teacher doesn't enjoy that I used the word "like" so much.) The space is bigger than three auditoriums! I'm nervous about what is going to happen on the night. It makes me smile to think about everyone dressed up, me too, and being all "awwwwwwwwww, that's amazing." It will be so much fun. 

Everyone is invited. 

It also makes me smile to think about creating something new in front of people. I think the music is going to be like totally, like pop or rock-n-roll (there's that "like" again, says my teacher).  I will choose this music because I do well listening to pop, smiling and giggling like a little girl. 

My gallery showing is being publicized everywhere. I have a Facebook account, a twitter account, and website. I've been interviewed by Expat Living and ANZA magazine. I really said a lot of the same for both articles. Sometimes, because the show is being publicized so much, I get nervous and scared. I want to say the right things so everything will go okay on the 10th of May. I really want to raise money for Make A Wish to pay it forward for other kids in Singapore who want a wish made true. 

If you have a Facebook account, please please please please, "like" "like" "like" the Paintability page and keep up what is happening before the exhibition. 

See you on May 10. 




No comments:

Post a Comment