Monday, 10 September 2012

OOOOO..TO PAINT AGAIN

Wednesday I am painting again for the first time since the long lost summer.  If you follow the facebook paintability page then you know my mother has complete control and this is my first session again.  I have some really cool ideas on music, paintings and colors.

1. Two separate canvases, one with coins on the top and one with coins on the bottom.  The one with coins on the bottom will give it really cool texture as well as it will personify the colors and make them more dramatic or youthful depending on my mood.  For this piece I am thinking of naming it "New Money" because we all love it when we get money for the first time that we have completely earned on our own. It's amazing to know that just finishing some simple chores or helping someone out can give you a bonus too.  I might listen to Payphone by Maroon 5  and/or We Are Never Getting Back Together by Taylor Swift.  But knowing me, either one will be equally awesome.  Yeah.

2. One big long canvas with soda can top thingies underneath.  They should give it a really authentic texture and it will be really interesting to see what the outcome looks like whether it is a disaster or a masterpiece.  The colors would be greens and yellows with blues and blacks and maybe white.  Since everyone is trying to take such a big role in helping our environment I thought my art would do the same thing.  The title would be "Eco-Friendly Art" but that title is a work in progress.  The music would be something old and new and Glee.  I might listen to Anything Goes/Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better by Glee.  And/or Part Of Me by Katy Perry because I have a vision that this is what the Earth would say, if it could talk, that it would fight back with everything and anything it had left to give.

Wednesday I am painting again and I am excited but nervous.  As you can see I have a lot of amazing ideas.  I am just nervous that I won't live up to the height of my first exhibition but hopefully I can show everyone that I am made of more and when pushed to the limit I, like Earth, push back.

Please email me if you have any cool ideas or want to test a theory using my art.  Please feel free to drop by this Wednesday at Intermediate School, Kelly Mac's Art classroom at 3:15-4:00 for we will make magic happen.  Yeah!

2 comments:

  1. Your art is so inspiring! As a art student myself, and a mother of 3 girls, you awoken a desire to go stretch out a large roll of paper across the kitchen floor and paint with them! You have such a beautiful spirit...keep on painting girl!!!!

    ~niki smith new milford, ct USA

    ReplyDelete