Thursday, 18 October 2012

Red

 I feel like I'm losing my mind but I'm still in my mind.  It's freaking me out.  It feels good to have a week off next week.  I seriously need it.  But I've been a busy bird since I have last posted.  Here's a little summary of how my week went.

Saturday I went to a Ronald McDonald House Charity Gala thingy.  I donated a painting to the live auction as well as another painting to the physical house at NUH.  Apparently this is the first time in a long time they've built a house in Singapore.  My presence was mandatory.  During cocktail hour or something like it, I spent most of the time listening to music and trying to drown out the other voices in the room.  Let me tell you there were a lot.   The dinner was entertaining.  They had a street type drum band perform first.  And while dinner was being served, well the first course, they played one of the longest I have ever heard of.  No vocals!  It was hard but I survived, unfortunately the food wasn't good.  It was healthy.  And to me healthy is poison.  To please my mother I tried a bit of every course.  It was good, bad, smelly and fancy all at once.  It was just so bad for me, I didn't even get to have dessert because my mom made me leave at 10..  Speeches were informational and long.  I could go on and on (hey I am only 14 I don't like speeches).  Probably the thing I liked best about the evening was the amazing bears they auctioned.


There was however a really great moment when I got a teddy bear from the McDonalds people.  She was dressed up like a character from Downton Abbey.  So I named her Downton.  She looked like the character that Maggie Smith plays.  I was hooked instantly.


Sunday! I slept with Downton Bear next to me.  I slept for most of the day or so I think.  I woke up, studied Biology, watched tv and while studying Biology I carelessly fell asleep.  But I woke up and relaxed the rest of the day.  Everything went smoothly, maybe because my siblings weren't there to disturb me when studying.  Or maybe not.




Monday.  I had the blues.  Everything was so long.  To me the classes I had were so much longer by lunch it felt like Wednesday.  But I pushed through.  Until around 3 ish where I completely fell apart.  I started to cry and ended up crying and embarrassing my brother.  It was one of those days that started out bad and got worse until I cracked and completely fell apart about everything.  I felt like I had no control over what I did and what I couldn't do.  So my brother cheered me up and sat next to me while we went home.  I was smiling by then.

Tuesday brought hope.  And less homework.

Wednesday I bonded.  Because it was PLAN testing for all 9th graders.  I ended up spending 3-4 hours in a room with only Mrs. Flores.  It was easy and hard at the same time.  It was easy because I ended up doing really well on the test.  It was hard because it was 3-4 hours.  But it was always early release so I ended up reading for 30 minutes and then went to continue to work on a mater piece at 2 o'clock.  I ended up painting for a really long time.  Over.  Two. Hours.  On a piece that isn't finished.  I'm good but not patient.  Or so I'm told.

Today was a good day.  I bumped my grade up in World History.  Which has been my goal.  So I am feeling really good even though I had a test in World History.  Math was good because I finished it before I was supposed to.  Spanish is hard.  It's harder to learn a language with a different grammar system as well as all of the rules of it.  But I tried my best and I will keep trying my best until I am a winner.  Like Charlie Sheen said "just keep winning" or something like that.

This is a summary of my week so far. Since the last blog this is what has happened.  I am so good at the moment I'm going to watch my sister perform which I said wouldn't do.

To leave you with words of wisdom and because I'm in the mood here is a  song by Taylor Swift that I think you will really like: Pay attention to the reference of colors to emotions. Enjoy





Toodles xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment