Monday, 19 November 2012

I am Thankful for...


  • My Family
- My Brother- who supports me and tries his best to look after me when no one else can.  While dealing with what everyone else goes through he is still my extraordinary brother and one of my supermen.  
-My Dad- who tries his very best to work and spend a lot of time with me and is like Super Dad in my eyes and there is nothing he can do that will make me stop loving him.  He is one of my supermen in my life.  
-My Mom- who runs around like a maniac to make sure that not only me but my entire family has what we need and want.
-My Sister- who I share a love/hate relationship with and who is a constant reminder of who I was and I can be again.  
-My Extended Family- who are all over the world and and are busy doing what they need to do for their own families but are always connected to us and are concerned that I am alive and well.
  • Pat
-I am thankful for Pat everyday because I know that I would not where or who I am without her.  She pushes me to my limit and I love and hate her sometimes but at the end of the day I know that she wants what's best for me and I want what's best for her.  

  • School
-School gives me a distraction from my negative emotions and helps me connect to the world.  Everyone at school is very understanding and compassionate towards me and my family.  And I don't think there is anything I can do to repay any of them.  This kind of generous community, in a way, gave me my life back.  
  • Art
-Art gave me something that I can't do with music or say.  It's my barrier.  Everyone can look at a piece of writing and say I can do better or I've seen better.  But with my art I doubt anyone in the world can truly say out loud it's not unique and that anyone but me can do it.  It gives me a piece of identity.
  • Music
-Music, like art, helps me to say or do anything that I wouldn't be able to do.  It gets rid of my ego.  And yes, I do have an ego.  It connects me to other people when I feel completely alone.  Or it's just a way to annoy or embarrass me.  It flushes my mind.  When I listen to my favorite song or a classic I just envision myself dancing it out and some how when the song is done I am happy and positive.  Or asleep.
  • Books
-Books help me escape reality.  For an hour or almost the entire day I escape and I don't want to stop.  Because when I stop all I realize is that the vampire falls in love with the girl or that the girl tries to save herself.  But none of that is reality.  All that I am left with are dreams.  Dreams of what would happen if I was the girl in my latest book?  What would be different?  And those dreams are like my pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.  
  • Movies
-Movies probably effect everyone.  Movies can change your perspective about a little detail or a big picture thats happening in your life or in the world.  Movies for me are like books, art and music they're different but similar.  Movies tell me a story that continuously surprise and inspire me.  Whether I am watching Twilight or Batman or even Beauty and the Beast.  I am constantly inspired to be better at anything from being a sister to having a realization about love.  


  • My Wheelchair
-My wheelchair is awesome.  It is the icing on the cake.  I love being in my wheelchair to go to school or a movie or a possible walk around my neighborhood.  I love my wheelchair and the aftermath doesn't matter because I know I'm safe and in control about what I do.  I don't really have much control about my life except when I am in this chair it's my ticket to anywhere and everywhere.  Even though it's old it's also awesome.  
  • My friends
-I am grateful for all those who are always around.  The ones I have,  and for the ones I might have.  I am constantly meeting new people and along the way I'm hoping to make some of them friends.  

  • The people that believe in me
-I am especially grateful for the people that believe in me.  From my family to all the amazing people who came to the Paintability exhibition  and to absolute strangers and to long time friends.  I never thought that I could be here in 2012 much less have an art exhibition.  I know that I'm not the easiest person to deal with but knowing that people around me are supportive of who I am and are willing to put up with my difficulties inspires me to be awesomer.

Happy Thanksgiving and I hope you will leave a comment and tell me what you are thankful for.

2 comments:

  1. wow and everyday I am thankful for the gift that is your life and for the way that you have changed me and helped to make me a better person Love Mom X

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all thankful for you Chelsea! You bring such joy to the class.

    Mrs. Flores and Dr. Olah

    ReplyDelete